SSC JE Examination 2018 (Paper-II)● Candiddate can click here for the SSC JE Answer Key
● SSC JE 2018 (Paper-II) Computer Based Test is to be held from 29th December 2019 (DES) (Sunday-Afternoon)
SSC JE Syllabus 2019SSC Junior Engineer exam, arranged by Staff Selection Commission conducts exam at 2 level (Paper I and Paper II). SSC JE Syllabus covers 3 parts of engineering – Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, which students will have to gone through to get at next level – Recruitment process.
Check below to get detailed information abut SSC JE 2019 Syllabus (Paper I and Paper II)
|General Awareness||● Polity|
● India and its neighbouring countries
● Current affairs
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||● Analogies,|
● Similarities Differences,
● Space Visualization Problem Solving,
● Analysis judgment,
● Decision Making Visual Memory,
● Discrimination Observation,
● Relationship Concepts
● Arithmetical Reasoning,
● Verbal and Figure Classification
● Arithmetical Number Series
● Abstract Ideas and Symbols and their Relationships
● Arithmetical Computations
● Other Analytical Functions.
|Electrical engineering||● Basic concepts|
● Circuit law.
● Magnetic Circuit.
● AC Fundamentals.
● Measurement and Measuring Instruments.
● Electrical Machines
● Single phase induction and Fractional Kilowatt Motors
● Synchronous Machines.
● Estimation and Costing.
● Utilization and Electrical Energy
● Basic Electronics.
|Mechanical Engineering||● Properties & Classification of Fluids|
● Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure
● Fluid kinematics
● Dynamics of Ideal fluids
● Measurement of Flow rate
● 1st Law of Thermodynamics
● 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
● IC Engines Combustion
● Air standard Cycles for IC Engines
● IC Engine Performance
● IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication
● The ranking cycle of System
● Fitting & Accessories
● Air Compressors & their cycles
● Refrigeration cycles
● The principle of Refrigeration Plant
● Nozzles & Steam Turbines
● Basic principles
● Hydraulic Turbines
● Theory of Machines and Machine Design
● Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
● Properties of Pure Substances
● Centrifugal Pumps
● Classification of steels
|Civil Engineering||● Building Materials|
● Estimating, Costing, and Valuation
● Soil Mechanics
● Irrigation Engineering
● Transportation Engineering
● Environmental Engineering
|Structural Engineering||● Theory of Structures|
● Concrete Technology
● RCC Design, Steel Design
Paper IIThe Tier II will be consisting of only the technical papers and the questions asked will be of a descriptive type. The syllabus of those technical papers is the same as that of Tier I but the way of preparation should be different. The elaborate preparation of each and every topic is required.
Previous year question papersThese question papers would help you in finding the pattern of the questions asked. Try to solve as many questions as possible and modify your preparation accordingly.
The previous year question papers are available in the following links
Books to be referredBooks form the most important part of any exam preparation strategy. But studying a lot of books on any subject without any proper plan would kill the precious time. So, it becomes essential to select the books in an appropriate manner. Some of the books recommended are given below:
a) General Awareness – NCERT books for basics and refer newspapers like The Hindu for the current affairs. Some books like Indian Polity by LakshmiKanth, Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh can be added as the reference books.
b) General Intelligence and Reasoning – Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Book, A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – RS Agarwal, Objective General English by SP Bakshi, Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal and Objective General English by RS Agarwal.
c) Civil Engineering – Through Objective Type Questions by S.P Gupta and S.S Gupta, SSC: Junior Engineers Exam Guide by R. Gupta, solved question papers released by some publication house like Made Easy Publication, Ramesh Publishing house will help in making the preparation easier.
d) Electrical Engineering – Objective Electrical Technology by V.K. Mehta and Rohit Mehta, Question bank in Electrical Engineering by JB Gupta, Objective questions on Electrical Engineering released by Satya Prakashan Publication.
e) Mechanical Engineering – Mechanical Engineering for competitions by R.K. Jain, SSC JE Mechanical Self Engineering guide published by Kiran publication, Objective questions on Mechanical engineering by GK Publications.
The mock tests are essential to improve your speed and accuracy. The candidates should take every mock test seriously and attempt it as like writing the actual exam. The time limit needs to be strictly followed. It is also required to analyse the results of every mock test and learn the mistakes. Try to correct the mistakes in the forthcoming test. In this way, you can improve your chances to get through in this exam. The mock tests are available in the following links.